Nice places near Lausanne (from Wikitravel)
- Lavaux - Terraced vineyards and one of the prettiest landscapes anywhere stretching between Lausanne and Vevey.
- Vevey - A lovely city in a cove, and the corporate home to the Nestlé chocolate and food empire.
- Montreux - The jewel of the Swiss Riviera and a gate to Château de Chillon.
- Geneva - Home of many international organisations, only 33 minutes by rail.
- Evian - The French bottled water capital. 35 minutes by boat from Ouchy.
- Neuchâtel - The picturesque city on Lake Neuchâtel, about 45 minutes by train.
- Avenches - This small village was a capital of celtic nation Helvetians during the Roman time. 55 km from Lausanne, but the way by public transport is complicated.
- Berne - The Swiss capital. 70 minutes by rail.
- Sion - Capital of Swiss canton Valais.
- Gruyères - Medieval town in the upper valley of the Saane river. Gives its name to the well-known Gruyère cheese.
Bars in Lausanne
For interesting bars and places to go out you can always ask us at the spot. The following links also have useful information: